Designed for the new manager or a refresher course.
- Understanding your management style
- Identifying key management skills
- Motivating others
Giving Feedback and Holding Challenging Conversations
It’s not always easy to communicate with our peers or team members, especially about matters such as performance, conflict and behaviour. This programme will teach you the techniques of having ‘effective conversations’ in a manner that deals constructively with areas of difference but remains focused on the key message, based on key principles of assertiveness and respect.
This programme has the following objectives:
- Understading our approach to challening people
- How to communicate effectively to minimise conflict
- Learn the importance of non verbal communication in communication
Managing people and delivering on your role can take its toll on you personally. This programme is designed to equip you with key techniques and tools that you can use on a daily basis in order to maintain your Resilience and maintain effectiveness. This programme has the following objectives:
- Understanding Stress and Resilience
- Introduction to Stress Reduction Techniques
- Developing positive communication approaches to help build Resilience
- How to develop our capacity for Resilience
Managing the Remote Worker
As more of us continue to work remotely, the role of the Team Leader or Manager has to adapt to this new situation. This programme explores the specific needs of the remote worker and outlines strategies on how best to communicate and manage the remote team. This programme has the following objectives:
- Communicating effectively with the remote worker
- Creating team spirit virtually
- Managing workloads effectively
- Motivating yourself and your team
Coaching Skills for Managers
This 2 day programme is designed to equip managers or team leaders with key competencies to enable them to hold effective ‘coaching conversations’, resulting in more effective management, decision making and team development.
The course covers the following:
- Identifying our own management style
- Appreciating the different ways people learn
- Understanding the key elements of a ‘coaching conversation’
- Developing an awareness of our styles of interaction and how this impacts on others
- Introducing key tools and techniques in developing a ‘coaching style of management’
- Developing effective listening skills
- Introducing the GROW model as a coaching intervention
The workshop is participatory, interactive and enjoyable, with deep learning opportunities and space for skills practice. Theory and Learning will be integrated into practice with feedback as you develop your skills over two days. Coaching demonstrations on real life scenarios will also be given as examples of how ‘coaching conversations’ can result in effective change in your organisation or company.